MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR – FIXED PLANT HEAVY INDUSTRIAL
MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR - FIXED PLANT HEAVY INDUSTRIAL
- BLACKTOWN LOCATION
- PERMANENT POSITION
- SALARY + PHONE + CAR
Our client; a National Leader in Metal Recycling Service is seeking a Day Shift Maintenance Supervisor to Join their Blacktown team.
BLACKTOWN Location. Monday -Friday 5am - 3:30pm
Every Second Saturday 5am - 11am
Company Car / Phone and uniforms provided.
RDO's are also on offer.
PERMANENT FULL TIME POSITION
MUST BE ABLE TO WORK WEEKENDS AND OVERTIME HOURS !!!!!!
About the position
Reporting to the Group Maintenance Manager this position requires a qualified and experienced, hands on Maintenance Supervisor, responsible for managing and coordinating preventative and reactive maintenance for the Sell and Parker Blacktown site; responsible for planning, scheduling and execution of all fixed and mobile equipment maintenance including static shears up to 1400T, 4000hp Scrap metal shredder, various conveyor systems, state of the art sorting equipment and material handlers. Lead, coach and mentor employees to sustain a positive work environment. Positive relationships through effective communication and consultation. Ensure timely evaluation including safety and scoping of work requests prior works commencing. Review and monitor maintenance performance on a daily and weekly basis
To be considered for this role, applicants MUST:
- Hands on Maintenance Supervisor
- Australian recognised trade qualification -
- Proven experience in Metal, Manufacturing or Mining Industry for a minimum of five (5) years
- Previous experience with heavy mobile and fixed plant maintenance including loaders, excavators, crushers, Screens, Shredders ,mills and conveyor systems.
- Proven experience in a leadership position for a minimum of three (3) years managing a team of Fitters, Trades Assistants and Labourers;
- Proven understanding of Work Health and Safety legislation;
- Previous experience working on fixed plant including crushers, mills and conveyor systems
- Understanding of hydraulic and pneumatic systems;
- Current unencumbered Drivers License
- Punctual and Reliable
- Strong Written and Verbal Communication Skills;
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to lead and manage a team
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Commitment to Work Health and Safety
- Ability to attain and retain fitness for work (including clear Drug and Alcohol Screens)
- Currently have the right to work in Australia;
- Pass a Police Check
As per the application process, all successful applicants will be required to undergo a Pre Employment Medical (conducted by our Onsite Occupational Nurse during the interview stage) which includes a Drug and Alcohol test.
Please note ONLY short listed Applicants will be contacted