- Great Career Opportunity
- Metal Management Industry Leaders
- 30hrs per week
Our client located in Clayton are looking for a SHEC Coordinator to join their team. Specialising in Metal Management, they are the leading metals and electronics recycling company in the world. The company specializes in ferrous and non-ferrous metals recycling, post-consumer electronic goods recycling. The purpose of The Safety Health Environment and Community (SHEC) Coordinator Role is to provide SHEC support to the Site Management with the objective of improving standards and performance at the site; maintaining SHEC management systems and by ensuring regular and updated training to all staff onsite.
Description of The role:
- Carry out SHEC risk assessments and JHA’s and maintain site SHEC risk register.
- Identify and conduct EH&S training by ensuring a training matrix is kept up to date. Liaise with external training providers if any external training is required.
- Facilitate compilation of SOP’s and safe systems of work; carry out appropriate training as required.
- Conduct SHEC inductions for new employees, visitors & contractors. Carry out morning toolbox talk.
- Assist site management in incident investigations and facilitating the input of relevant data into KMI.
- Ensure daily, weekly & monthly pre-use or other inspection checklists filled by operators accurately.
- Conduct SHEC inspections and Self-audits; track corrective actions & ensure data entered into KMI.
- Coordinate site H&S safety committee meeting. Maintain records and follow up on action plan.
- Responsible for contractor safety management and issuing Permit to Work to contractors on-site.
- Conduct Safety Conversations (Behaviour Safety) training & maintain site’s safety conversation data.
- Responsible for issuance of PPE’s and maintain safety supplies i.e. PPE’s & other safety equipment
- Liaise with SHEC Manager to ensure corporate systems, standards & reporting requirements are maintained and to assist in the introduction of new corporate initiatives.
- Maintain and keep up to date the documentation of Integrated SHEC Management System.
- Maintain site Chemical (COSHH) register up to date; ensure all SDS are available and up to date.
- Support SHEC Manager in maintaining the SHEC management systems (4801/9001/14001/18001).
- Enter Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s) data in KMI and discuss monthly KPI’s with the workforce.
- Be aware of local EH&S regulations and assist in updating legal registers, where necessary.
- Carry out JCCs and train and develop Team Leaders/ Supervisors to conduct JCCs
- Perform other duties as the required by company or site management from time to time.
You need to provide or be willing to obtain the below to apply:
- Cert IV Work Health and Safety-Essential
- First Aid Certificate – Essential
- Return to Work and Rehabilitation Coordinator – Preferred
- Relevant Professional Experience highly regarded
- Be available to work a minimum of 30/hrs. per week - Essential
This position may lead to fulltime based on performance and once 3mth trial is completed.
Working Hours are:
Monday – Thursday – 8am – 4:00pm – 30 mins lunch excluded - 7.5hrs daily, 30hrs per week in total.
Pay rate is $30hr or $47,000. 00 (Pro Rata) plus super
If you believe you have the correct skills for the above position please apply now as only successful applicants will be contacted (LLSIMS- SHEC)