August 2017 Report
- The Labourforce / Impex TL&SC Job Index rose an impressive 5.4% from 131.49 to 138.65 in July.
- The permanent market experienced its healthiest growth in some time, expanding by 7.1%.
- In July NSW enjoyed its best month. It saw near double digit growth.
- Western Australia is yet to see any improvement in the TL&SC job market. Demand has contracted 9.9% in the last six months.
- The VIC/TAS Index set a new record high of 181.42. It has seen jobs’ growth of 13.8% year on year.
- All occupations, except TL&SC Clerical, saw solid improvement in July.
- Demand for Storepersons and Freight Handlers always revs up in the second half. This year was no exception. The rise in July was 9.8%.
- Manufacturing has defied the odds and seen strong jobs growth for both the month and quarter.
- The big bounce in Retail and Wholesale was more predictable, assisted by the Amazon factor.