Job Index: October 2017 Report
Download Report PDF
- The Labourforce / Impex TL&SC Job Index rose a further 6.1% in September.The National Job Index rose to 149.07 a new record high.
- The permanent market remains particularly strong, up a further 6.7%.
- The permanent Job Index struck a new record high too, of 140.51.
- Temporary and Contract job opportunities recovered 4.8%, reversing last month’s fall. The market is still relatively quiet and below the December 2016 peak.
- Four of five regions hit new record highs. Only WA is still languishing.
- Victoria leads all other states and territories with an Index at a new record high of 194.53.
- Road Transport workers were the big winners in September seeing demand rise a massive 12.9%.
- Job vacancies for Stores Persons and Freight Handlers rose 3.8% in the last month establishing a new record Index of 243.21.
- Surprisingly demand in the Retail and Wholesale sector fell 2.9% in September. When we normally see it riding the seasonal curve until the end of the year.
- Manufacturing demand rose another 7.6% in September taking the Index to a new record high of 216.65.
- It was also a very good month for job seekers looking for work amongst Transport and Logistics companies. Demand rose 8.3% in September.
Job Index Report Archives